Organisation: Carinity Education Gladstone
Position: School Chaplain
- Full time role available
- Based in Gladstone
- Join a progressive & supportive Not-for-Profit organisation!
Carinity Education Gladstone has an opportunity for a School Chaplain to join the team on a full-time basis providing support and pastoral care to students and staff and assisting students in finding solutions for social, emotional and academic problems/barriers.
What do I need for the role?
- Demonstrated experience in chaplaincy, counselling, or other relevant experience, providing pastoral counselling/support services to marginalised adolescent youth
- Skilled in conflict resolution, analytical thinking, collaborative decision-making, and effective time management
- Ability to develop and maintain positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Highly developed written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Certificate IV in Chaplaincy and Pastoral Care or equivalent, including mandatory units of completion in Mental Health, Making Appropriate Referrals, and ether Providing Pastoral Care or Working with Youth
- Valid Work with Children Card (Blue Card)
- Current Driver’s License
The bonuses of joining the Carinity team
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program for our staff and their immediate family.
- Access to extensive not-for-profit salary packaging options (pay less tax).
- Be part of a team who are passionate about delivering care excellence.
- Join a value driven organisation, with a culture of caring for others.
- Ongoing training and development.
Who is Carinity?
Carinity is a not-for-profit, values-driven organisation, which has been making a real difference in people’s lives since 1949 through comprehensive and integrated community services including residential aged care, retirement living, home care, schools, disability support, counselling, youth accommodation and chaplaincy in hospitals and prisons. We are passionate about working with young people and families, especially in the areas of child protection, domestic and family violence, and child and adolescent mental health.
Carinity Education Gladstone is a Special Assistance School providing expert, coordinated support and educational opportunity to secondary school aged young people for whom mainstream schooling is unsuitable.
How do I apply?
Carinity is seeking a motivated and enthusiastic School Chaplain who is committed to working with Carinity Education to make a real difference. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
To apply or view more information including the position description, visit https://www.carinity.org.au/join-our-team/. Applications should include a brief cover letter and Resume that addresses the Essential Competencies and Experiences.
Carinity actively encourages and invites applications from people with disabilities and from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all our positions.