Position: Part-time Children’s Pastor or Children’s Ministry Worker (2 days per week)
Church: Agnes Water Baptist Church (AWBC)
Agnes Water Baptist Church was first recognised as a Baptist Fellowship by the Baptist Union of Qld in September 1993, and then as a Constituted Church in October 2009. Back then, it was known as Agnes Water/1770 Baptist Church. The church has a brief but rich history of ministering to and serving the wider Agnes Water community, including substantial outreach work among the children and youth who live here. Apart from ‘Kids Church’ that runs concurrently with the Morning Service, the church also ran a ‘Kids Club,’ which when it was operating had around 60 local children in regular attendance (most of whom were not otherwise connected to the church). The Youth Ministry here also has a large number of teenagers in attendance (most of whom have no other connection to the church either). With very few entertainment options for young people on offer here, there is genuine interest and good participation in children’s and youth outreach ministries from within the general community. The church facility is located on an 8-acre block of land just a few kilometres from the heart of town, on which a new church auditorium was recently built. It also has a playing field, a half-court for basketball, and other facilities for children’s and youth ministries to use.
Children’s Pastor or Children’s Workers – Ministry Role Description
The Children’s Pastor/Worker role involves strategically developing, growing, and overseeing AWBC’s ministry amongst Children (in the pre-teens age range) and may include the following responsibilities at various times:
- To provide leadership, direction and oversight of the ministries that operate for the children who belong to our church—principally pertaining to ‘Kids Church’ but also including occasional children’s talks during the Service in school holiday periods when ‘Kids Church’ is on recess.
- To provide leadership, direction and oversight of the ministries and outreach activities that operate for children who are only connected to our church through those outreach ministries—principally pertaining to ‘Kids Club’ but also including any occasional outreach event that may arise.
- To train, equip, disciple, and empower those involved in Children’s Ministry, including others who may provide leadership amongst them.
- Build connections within the local State School (AWSS) and the local Christian School (Discovery Christian College), including networking with Chaplains and R.I. Teachers.
- To work with our Youth Worker (who is employed for 1 day [or 8 hours] a week) to develop smooth and effective pathways for our children to transition from Children’s Ministry to Youth Ministry participation so that we don’t lose them as they grow older.
- Oversee and manage the Blue Card and any specific training or paperwork required for volunteers involved in Children’s Ministry.
It is expected that the successful candidate has completed or is completing an appropriate course of study through an accredited theological college and be willing to be registered (or work towards registration) with Queensland Baptists.
All expressions of interest can be directed to:
Pastor Rob Rodgers | Ph: 0491 109 633 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To view our church profile and the ministries that operate here, go to: awbaptist.org.au