Position: Associate Pastor
Organisation: Bundaberg Baptist Church
God is growing his Church in Bundaberg and an exciting opportunity for a full time Associate Pastor is available in the ministry team at Bundaberg Baptist Church.
EXCITING FULL TIME MINISTRY IN BEAUTIFUL SUB-TROPICAL BUNDABERG, QUEENSLAND.
• Full time Associate Pastor position
• Vibrant growing regional church
• Beautiful Bundaberg, Queensland Uniquely positioned north of Brisbane in Queensland, Australia, the Bundaberg Region is one of Australia’s fastest-growing regional cities and the gateway to the Southern Great Barrier Reef. The Bundaberg Region boasts the most equitable climate in Australia and rates fifth in the world alongside Hawaii. Noted for its environmental excellence, pristine waterways, and proximity to the Great Barrier Reef, the Bundaberg Region showcases everything that nature’s palette can create.
The successful applicant must be gifted, called and passionate about:
• Making and growing disciples of Jesus Christ
• Personal spiritual growth and character development
• Preaching and teaching God’s word
• Team ministry and small groups
• Developing leaders
• Outreach and pastoral care The final ministry description will be determined, after discussion and prayer, in accord with the gifts and experience of the successful candidate.
Bundaberg Baptist Church is a vibrant and growing family seeking to follow God’s leading in impacting our community for Christ. Our mission statement is clear: “We are a family seeking to connect people with God and with each other.”
We seek to equip and empower every believer to centre their life on Jesus and his calling on their lives. We seek to grow missional disciples who will “go and make” disciples. We are a multi-generational church that values diversity and aims to become actively engaged in ministry and mission to the Bundaberg community.
The new Associate Pastor will have a strong sense of calling to Bundaberg Baptist Church and resonance with our church mission and vision.
The role of the Associate Pastor will work with and support the Senior Pastor, Ministry Team, church leadership and congregation by providing spiritual leadership and oversight to facilitate the church realising its mission. There are clear 3-year vision goals (attached) which provide clarity about the major objectives for all of our ministry staff.
Our ministry team currently includes Senior Pastor, Youth Ministries Coordinator, Children’s Ministries Coordinator, Operations Coordinator and volunteer Pastoral Care Coordinator.
The main challenge of the role of the Associate Pastor is to oversee teams and raise up leaders in key areas of responsibility, which could include:
• Life Groups and Discipleship training
• Oversight of the Pastoral Care Coordinator and the Pastoral Care Team
• Family’s ministry
• Men’s ministry, Women’s Ministry
• Local missions and evangelism
• Worship ministry
The successful candidate must be able to meet the registration requirements for Queensland Baptists Pastors. This is a full-time position approved by the Bundaberg Baptist Church membership for a five-year call commencing as soon as available. Remuneration will be in line with the Queensland Baptists guidelines.
This position is accountable to the Senior Pastor and church leadership with regards to the ministry vision, goals and outcomes.
For more information about the church and about this role, please contact Richard Cathie (Senior Pastor) via 0407369785 or email@example.com