Carinity (Gaythorne) - Director of Mission
- Permanent full-time role
- Based in Gaythorne (free parking available on site)
- Join a dynamic & supportive organisation
Carinity is a not-for-profit, values-driven organisation, making a real difference in people’s lives through comprehensive and integrated community services including residential aged care, retirement living, home care, alternative education, disability respite, counselling, and youth accommodation. As a ministry of Queensland Baptists, and a member of Baptist Care Australia, Carinity is an important outreach of the Baptist movement.
As Director of Mission, you will lead the Chaplaincy team as it reaches out to the community including hospitals and prisons across Queensland and build strong connections with churches and the broader Baptist movement. In consultation with the executive team, you will manage the research, development and implementation of initiatives to embed Carinity’s Mission and Values (or Ethos) in all aspects of the organisation’s work practices.
What do I need to be successful in this role?
- Must be a registered Minister of Queensland Baptists
- Demonstrated experience in pastoral care/ministry, dealing with complex interpersonal situations
- A commitment and vision for community service ministry, serving as a part of the Carinity team
- Ability to develop strategies and processes to strengthen Carinity’s ethos, through various means including inspiring those current staff and Chaplains, as well as those without faith
- Ability to think deeply in order to develop balanced and defendable positions aligned to the Christian world view on social issues and manage/navigate the tensions between faith and the secular world where they intersect
- Compassion for people, demonstrating diplomacy and empathy through effective communication
- Highly developed written communication skills, including ability to write in business English, create reports and submissions to government
- Highly developed verbal communication skills, including public speaking for promotional events in churches and gatherings
- Up-to-date COVID and flu vaccinations, or ability to obtain
- Possession of valid Blue Card, and NDIS worker screening clearance or police clearance issued prior to 01 February 2021, or ability to obtain.
The bonuses of joining the Carinity team!
- Fully maintained vehicle for both private and professional use
- Extensive not-for-profit salary packaging options
- Join a values driven organisation, with a culture of caring for others
- Look after your mental health and wellbeing with Carinity’s Employee Assistance Program
How do I apply?
Carinity is seeking motivated and enthusiastic candidates who are committed to working with Carinity to make a real difference! If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
To apply or view more information, including the position description, visit https://www.carinity.org.au/join-our-team/. Applications should include a brief cover letter and Resume that addresses the Essential Competencies and Experiences. You will be required to provide or undertake a National Criminal History Check, which can be submitted by Carinity on your behalf.
Carinity actively encourages and invites applications from people with disabilities and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all our positions.