Position: Full-time Associate Pastor for Youth, Young Adults and Families
Church: City Tabernacle Baptist Church
City Tabernacle Baptist Church is the founding church of Qld Baptists, having formed in 1855. The church has a rich history of planting numerous congregations and sending dozens of missionaries both locally and internationally. The church’s CBD location presents many unique outreach opportunities as well as some ministry challenges. City Tabernacle is renowned for its twin emphases on strong, Biblical preaching and worship accompanied by fine music (pipe organ, grand piano and choir).
Associate pastor role description
The Associate Pastor role is strategic to develop and grow the City Tabernacle’s ministry amongst Young People, Young Adults and Young Families with particular emphasis:
- To provide leadership, direction and oversight of the ministry amongst the Youth, Young Adults and Young Families of the City Tabernacle.
- To train, equip, disciple and empower the Youth, Young Adults and Young Families of the Tabernacle, including others who may provide leadership amongst them.
- To assist with the visitor’s ministry and foster a sense of community within the Church by having a primary role in recognising and assimilating new visitors into the broader church body, as well as provide resources and activities with a focus on Youth, Young Adults and Young Families so they might connect and engage within the life of the Church.
- To actively support the Towards 4000 Ministry because of a heart for outreach & mission.
- To take primary leadership of at least one additional area of ministry depending on his particular giftings.
- To provide support to the Pastor in other areas he might directly or in consultation with the Diaconate delegate from time to time such as teaching, preaching, and pastoral care and shepherding of the entire congregation.
It is expected that the successful candidate has completed or is completing an appropriate course of study through an accredited theological college and be registered (or working towards registration) with Queensland Baptists.
All expressions of interest can be directed to:
The Pastoral Search Committee
Contact: Neil Pfeffer | Ph: 0411 721 990 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org