Sydney North, New South Wales, Australia
Church: Coffs Harbour Baptist Church (NSW)
Position: Senior Pastor
Coffs Harbour Baptist Church is seeking a Senior Pastor...
Looking for as servant of Jesus that:
- Has prayerfully sought God for this position, and believes they are called to apply
- Loves father God, the Lord Jesus the Holy Spirit, loves people, loves their family
- Believes The Word of God to be the inerrant Word of God, useful for teaching, rebuking, and training in righteousness (2 Tim 3.16). Upholds the Word of God in humility, boldness and love in their personal and church life
- Is serious about saving souls, the Great Commission and discipleship
- Is bold in the Spirit and Truth, be willing to speak into people’s lives confidently, sometimes firmly, gently, and always with uncompromising love.
- Works well in a team, along-side eldership, the assistant pastors, the preaching team, pastoral care team, and team leaders as equals (different members of the same body)
- Rightly handles the Word of Truth, passion to feed Jesus’ lambs, strong expository preaching and confident in teaching not only the milk, but the meat of the Word.
- Believes in the importance of repentance as evidence of true salvation
- Is seriousness about communion, it’s importance to examine oneself before partaking and to proclaim the Lord’s death until He comes.
- Believes the Ephesians 4 model of church remains relevant in today’s church, the five-fold ministry, so that the body of Christ may be built up, reaching unity in Faith attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.
- Prayerfully discerns God’s callings and giftings in people’s lives and able to work towards empowering and releasing them into their respective callings
- Actively pursues the Holy Spirit’s leading and operation of His gifts as found in 1 Corinthians 12
- Practices a strong and faith filled personal prayer life
- Has a heart for both the local and the wider body of Christ as well as ministries and affiliates of the church
- Practices strong personal time management and planning skills. We are a church with a strong eldership that protects our pastor from ungodly pressure, believes family as first responsibility and believes the balance with ministry demands are more than possible with the right team, expectations, and leading of the Spirit.
- Practices Godly leadership skills. Empowering, encouragement, Godly wisdom, humble and not controlling or dominating.
- Passion to work with different cultures
- Has ministry experience, holds a theological degree and is Australian resident with rights to work in Australia.
For more information about the church or submitting your application, please contact Beryl Angwin on email firstname.lastname@example.org