Position: Associate Pastor - Youth and Young Adults
Church: Coral Coast Christian Church
Job Type: Part-time (2 to 3 days p/week)
We are 27 years old, the southernmost church on the ‘Coral Coast’ strip of Bundaberg with a large just under 10-acre parcel of land and an adjacent population of spiritually unserved people. The church family has seen a steady numerical growth within the past 18 months and have the expectant hope that this will be the continued trend in our future. Our Sunday gathering worship is a mix of songs from hymns to modern and our preaching is expositional and varies between verse by verse, thematic, topical and narrative. Our attendance is are around 110 people each week with a good cross section of all ages. Our leading growth has come from young families with primary school aged children.
We have many active ministries which include Kids Club, Switch Youth, Care Hub that supports those in need, Men’s Shed, Growth Groups, fun-a-size + craft and dance groups to name a few.
Our coastal community is in the early stages of new development and population growth.
Please see our website: www.coralcoastchurch.org for more information.
The Associate Pastor serves with the Senior Pastor (along with any other pastors) in providing leadership, pastoral care, and teaching to the wider church with a particular focus on youth and young adult ministry as areas of specific accountability.
Our desire is that our youth and young adults grow in their love for the Lord and one another, grow in their knowledge of God and his Word, are equipped to serve the Lord and are seeking to reach out and connect young people in the community for Christ.
Youth and Young Adults Pastoral Duties:
- Execute the ministry of ‘Switch Youth’ at Coral Coast Christian Church (yrs 6-12 in 2024, yrs 7-12 in 2025+), by planning the program, recruiting and rostering team members, communicating with families, preparation for the program, preparing spiritual content for weekly ‘D’ time session
- Developing collaborative missional pathways for Coral Coast Church to engage with local schools
- Oversee the development of young adults in the church community in their Christian living. Encourage connection and social activities, develop leadership opportunities and encourage serving within the church.
- Oversee the development and growth of accountable ministry areas
- Provide pastoral care, mentorship, and support to the young members of our community.
General Pastoral Responsibilities:
- Assist the Senior Pastor in providing spiritual leadership, guidance, and pastoral care to the This includes preaching and teaching during worship services, delivering meaningful and relevant messages.
- Contribute with the Eldership pastoral care and counselling within the church
- Assist in maintaining strategies to reach, welcome and integrate new-comers into the church family
- Handle conflicts in a healthy manner in accordance with church policies
- Registered (or working towards being able to be registered) as a Minister with Queensland Baptists
- Must be a mature and growing believer with exemplary Christian character
- Able to meet requirements to become a member of Coral Coast Christian Church
- Qualified to at least a diploma level Ministry and/or Theological qualifications (or equivalent) or in the process of gaining this qualification
- (Preferred) Passion for working with youth, with the ability to engage and relate to them.
- Some previous leadership and team building experience
- Previous experience working with young people
- Ability to obtain a Child Protection Suitability Card from Commission for Children & Young People
- If married, spouse must be able to meet requirements to become a member of Coral Coast Christian Church and supportive within the pastoral call and ministry
- Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications as per Queensland Baptist guidelines.
How to Apply:
- Email your cover letter, resume (including 2 references) to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more Information:
Pastor Phillip Monteith
0402 314 362