Position: Lead Pastor
Church: Dubbo Baptist Church (NSW)
Dubbo Baptist Church is seeking a full-time Lead Pastor.
To provide pastoral, spiritual, and organisational leadership to the church body as a whole and to individuals.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS:
- To lead, in conjunction with the Elders, in overall planning and cohesion of the various ministries of the church in accordance with its vision, goals and culture.
- To ensure a Bible-based teaching ministry and a strong Biblical influence throughout the whole ministry of the church.
- To provide spiritual leadership and pastoral care to the church Leadership Team and staff.
- To encourage and develop the church family to effectively use their spiritual gifts in
line with the church vision.
- To ensure an adequate ministry of pastoral care, including encouraging and developing others to be active in pastoral care.
- To develop and grow ones own ministry in line with the Key Responsibilities in the Pastoral Profile (attached).
- To communicate effectively with the congregation.
- To receive frequent professional supervision/mentoring
- To be a member of a Baptist Ministers’ Renewal group or equivalent, and the Western District Baptist Association.
- Willingness to be involved in the wider Dubbo community as well as cooperating with other churches and the Dubbo Christian Ministers Association.
- Accredited or Recognised Baptist Minister, or willingness to attain.
- Lead the Pastoral Team and the staff team
Be a member of the Eldership and the Leadership Team
Be an ex-officio member of all Ministry Teams.
- To Dubbo Baptist Church members, through the Elders and Leadership Team.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF APPOINTMENT:
- Salary, travelling expenses and other remunerations shall be, at a minimum, in accordance with Baptist Churches of NSW and ACT guidelines.
- Annual leave and personal leave shall be in accordance with NSW and ACT Baptist Association guidelines.
- Abide by the policies and procedures of Dubbo Baptist Church.
- Appointment of the Pastor shall be in accordance with the requirements of the church constitution.
- The Pastor and Elders shall undertake, with the guidance of a duly qualified independent person, a review after the first six months followed by subsequent yearly reviews.
Interested applicants should write to:
Chair of the Pastoral Search Team