Church: Fairfield Baptist Church - Townsville
Position: Full-time Associate Pastor
This is an opportunity for a Godly pastor to grow into further leadership by joining the pastoral team at one of the most distinctive and dynamic churches in the Queensland Baptist movement. From 2013 when around 20 people planted a new church on the south side of the Ross River meeting in a rented school hall, to 2022 when around 330 people call Fairfield Baptist Church home and gather together in a fully renovated and debt free, repurposed sports stadium, we have seen God’s hand of blessing and provision upon our church family.
Imagine pastoring a church committed to;
- Extended Biblical preaching through the books of the Old and New Testaments – We don’t avoid the hard bits
- The distinctive Baptist view of church governance – high view of elders as a band of pastoral brothers, biblical deacons serving the church and church membership discerning God’s will together
- Simple structures supporting a relational view of church where fellowship and hospitality are crucial to ensure that people are loved and known
- Fervent prayer in services, meetings and individual lives
- Our mission – Honouring Jesus, Loving People – both inside the church and in loving witness outside the church
We are seeking a man who meets the biblical qualifications for an elder (see 1 Tim 3:1-7, Tit 1:6-9 and 1 Pet 5:1-4)
These gifts/abilities are central to being a shepherd at Fairfield;
- Ability to teach the Word of God with passion and discipline
- Ability to equip the church for works of service (Ephesians 4:12-13)
- Ability to provide Biblical counsel and pastoral care to the church in partnership with the elders and the church
- Strong commitment to participating and leading in prayer ministry
Our strong desire is for a person who displays these characteristics and experiences;
- A warm and fruitful life – Committed to time in the Word, growing in holiness, and sharing the gospel
- A relational heart for the people – A biblical shepherd loves and serves the members of our church family and the surrounding community
- A team player – We seek someone who enjoys being part of the eldership, working with the deacons, members and church family in our partnership of the gospel
- A team builder – We seek a shepherd who enjoys building, equipping and leading ministry teams
- We value good theological/ministry training – The shepherd will have completed theological/ministry training at a degree level in an accredited training institution
- The pastor must be registered with Queensland Baptists (or eligible for registration)
The pastor currently in this role preaches on average once per month and focusses on pastoral care, youth and mission partner support. The specifics of the role will be worked out considering the needs of the church and the gifts and experience of the applicant.
Please send expressions of interest to: email@example.com or speak with the Senior Pastor Ian Walton on 0423 207 111.