Position: Youth Worker
Church: Minden Baptist Church
Minden Baptist is looking for a suitable person to serve as a Part-time Youth Worker in our Church and community, with the potential to extend further days in the future. There is also a potential for this position to link in with available Chaplaincy positions in the local primary schools. It would be expected that the successful candidate would participate and live within the MB Church district (with the possibility of renting the Church Manse in accordance with Qld. Baptist guidelines).
- This is a part time (3 days equivalent) position with flexible use of these hours to be negotiated with Pastoral leadership.
- This is a 2-year call with a review after 6 months.
- Salary and conditions would be as recommended by Queensland Baptists.
- The Youth Worker would be accountable to the Church through the Senior Pastor and would report to monthly Leadership Meetings, Quarterly Membership Meetings and the AGM.
- The Youth Worker would be required to hold a current Blue Card for working with children and be willing to work within MB Church’s established Child Safety Strategy.
- Support the church vision (Loving one another, building friendships, making disciples).
- Active member of Minden Baptist Church.
- Adhere to Minden Baptist Constitution.
- Participation in fortnightly hour long BDC (Building a Discipleship Culture) Cluster meetings.
- There is an expectation that a significant part of the role is engagement with community external to the church with a local mission focus.
- There is an expectation that the role works internally to develop engagement of young people within the church.
- It is expected that initially the major focus will be internal. However, over time as programs are established, the focus would shift to the external in consultation with the Senior Pastor.
- Establish a junior leader program – discipleship and development focusing on ages 11 to 15 year olds.
- Support and encourage families in their God-given role of discipleship through opportunities and resources.
- Liaise with leaders of MB Kids and Youth Group to ensure consistency and intentionality in direction of the overall Children’s and Youth Ministry
- Attendance at Friday night Youth Group
- Work with ministry leaders to coordinate the Family Service one Sunday each term.
- Assist in coordinating and teaching CRI in the local primary school.
- Seek to make connections through local schools. E.g., school breakfasts, school chaplaincy committee and Kids Hope Program.
- Involvement in occasional outreach events run by the church. E.g., Kids Games Holiday Program.
If you are interested to apply for this role, please email your resume to email@example.com.