Position: Apprentice Chef
Located only 30kms from the Gold Coast and 70kms from Brisbane, QCCC Tamborine has one of the best views available in Queensland with a sweeping 360 degree vista of Brisbane, Moreton Bay and the Scenic Rim Hinterland. With access to 50 acres of land, QCCC Tamborine offers modern accommodation, world-class catering and an extremely comfortable, versatile venue just 2km from the charming tourist village at North Tamborine. Further afield there’s easy access to the best of the Gold Coast’s attractions, including Theme Parks, beaches and recreation activities in breathtaking National Parks.
The successful applicant will participate in many of the key moments and events of camp life whilst achieving their chef qualifications, which takes the form of a chef ’s apprenticeship (Certificate III in Commercial Cookery SIT30816), mostly comprising on-the-job training in a busy kitchen and complemented by time with training specialists.
The purpose of the position is to prepare and maintain excellent standards of food preparation and presentation for a range of meal types and cuisines.
The positions main tasks include:
- Preparing a range of meals for guests of the venue, including, breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks to a high standard.
- Ensure menus, food standards, procedures and processes are followed.
- Supervise and manage kitchen operations as required.
- Be responsible for ensuring the cleanliness of the kitchen area is in line with current health regulation standards.
- Plan for and order appropriate food/ingredients/equipment/utensils required for producing healthy, nutritious and safe meals.
No experience is required, but applicants must be passionate about cooking, interested in serving large groups and events, and participate in many of the key moments and events of camp life whilst achieving their chef qualifications.
Shared onsite accommodation can be provided in gender-specific formats, including own bedroom and access to meals onsite when available. The successful applicant will do more than just live onsite. They will be joining a group of people committed to create life-changing opportunities through excellence in hospitality and service.
For further information including a detailed job description contact Ian Partridge – QCCC Tamborine Assistant Manager via email: firstname.lastname@example.org