Position: Associate Pastor (Young People)
Church: Tenthill Baptist Church
Tenthill Baptist is a small country church with over 140 years of gospel ministry to the local community. We are a warm, lively, & theologically conservative bunch. We are seeking a Part Time Associate Pastor (3.5-4 days) to work alongside our Solo Pastor Aaron Needer. Aaron is married to Rebekah, & has been with Tenthill since 2020. In January 2023 he became our Interim Pastor, & then Senior Pastor in July 2023. He is gifted in planning, strategy, preaching, & discipleship. We are looking for someone to compliment him, & to share the ministry load by focusing on ministry to young people. We see our young people as the future of the church, so our ministries to young people, & their families are a huge priority for us. We have a small but vibrant youth group, a solid Sunday children’s ministry (FOCUS), & we also have connections to local schools. Being regional our young adults come & go, but we have had groups for them as well. We definitely won’t overload the person, but we would love for them to play an active role in our music ministry. The nature of a country church means that we are seeking a bit of an allrounder. The advantage of this is that they will build up experience in a range of different ministries.
- Vibrant & consistent relationship with Jesus
- Passionate/driven for Kingdom mission
- Strong sense of call to pastoral ministry
- Strong work ethic
- Tested against 1 Tim 3:1-7, Titus 1
- Theologically aligned with Tenthill
- Discipleship orientated
- Personally resilient
- Theological training, or willingness to obtain
- Musical (highly desirable but not essential)
- Overseeing Youth Group - planning spiritual curriculum, training leaders, running/attending nights, discipling, investing into the youth throughout the week.
- Young People - time split between overseeing young adults, and/or children’s ministries (RI, FOCUS, schools) there is some fluidity here & flexibility is important.
- Services - Attending services, Preaching (10-12 sermons/ year), Service Leading, ideally playing a key part in the music ministry
- Admin/Development - Meetings (ministries, elders, deacons, etc.), child safety etc.
- address applications to Megan Jones, Search Committee Secretary: email@example.com
- include a CV with referees, & a cover letter introducing yourself, & telling us about your faith, & your ministry experience.