Religious Instruction (RI) Month is all of February 2021. Each Church can select a Sunday that they can make their own RI Sunday during the month of February. Christian RI have provided a great bundle of resources (posters, videos, brochures and information kits), which you can access online by clicking here.
You may be aware that many of the Queensland Christian denominations and dioceses have shown united support of Religious Instruction in our State by forming the Christian RI Alliance in Queensland (CRIAQ).
RI is providing a unique opportunity for well over 175,000 students in Qld State Schools to explore the basic tenets of our Christian faith.
Over 3,300 faithful volunteer RI instructors are supported by their church, a local cooperative of Christian ministers, their local coordinator, a state-wide network (QCRIN) and CRIAQ. These RI Instructors make RI possible every week in our state schools.
Yet, Christian RI does not have enough RI Instructors to meet demand. We need your help in finding more volunteers and raising awareness of RI.
This year we have moved to RI MONTH to give churches the opportunity to choose a weekend in February which suits them to pray for and promote this valuable generational ministry.
Your resource kit can be accessed by clicking on the button:
Read the Information Document in the dropbox first because this tells you everything you need to know about RI month, and provides details of the resources you now have access to.
QCRIN (Queensland Christian RI Network) is excited to announce the details of our back-to-school training program! It is vitally important that every RI Instructor attends training at the start of the new school year so they can be updated about changes and to ensure that everyone can deliver the best RI lessons possible. Even if you have been teaching RI for many decades, please come along and be encouraged. Brand new and potential RI Instructors are especially welcome.
Registration is essential. Please register ASAP as numbers are limited due to COVID.
Session for the Greater Brisbane training sessions listed below. Note that you can simply click on your chosen event in the date list below to register and click on the flyer to download a copy.
- Register Wednesday 27 January Toowong 7pm-9pm and/or download the flyer
- Register Thursday 28 January Redcliffe (Clontarf) and/or download the flyer
- Register Thursday 28 January Ipswich (Brassall) and/or download the flyer
- Register Monday 1 February Coorparoo and/or download the flyer
- Register Tuesday 2 February Alderley and/or download the flyer
- Register Wednesday 3 February Bridgeman Downs and/or download the flyer
- Register Thursday 4 February Rochedale and/or download the flyer
- Register Friday 5 February Seventeen Mile Rocks and/or download the flyer
- Register Friday 19 February Bribie Island (Bongaree) and/or download the flyer
The registration process is very straightforward but below are some instructions if you need them.
However please note that if you are clicking on the ‘click here’ link on the flyer, you may have to wait a moment for Eventbrite to open.
Once in Eventbrite:
- Click on green Register button
- Click on the orange Register button That will take you to the ‘Checkout’ page
- Answer all the questions
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Checkout page
- Click on the orange Register button
- You are ready to go now!
Training Sessions Outside the Brisbane Region.
Please contact QCRIN by email if you would like the flyer and details for the training events below:
Below is a list of other training sessions outside of Brisbane Region. Please contact QCRIN by email if you would like the flyer for any of the training events below.
- Friday 29 January Gold Coast (Southport)
- Friday 29 January Warwick
- Saturday 30 January Toowoomba
- Monday 1 February Rockhampton
- Tuesday 2 February Beenleigh
- Tuesday 2 February Cleveland
- Tuesday 2 February Gold Coast (Nerang) 6.30pm-8.30pm
- Wednesday 3 February Gold Coast (Helensvale)
- Thursday 4 February Gold Coast (Robina)
- Monday 8 February Mossman
- Tuesday 9 February Cairns
- Wednesday 10 February Atherton
- Wednesday 10 February Hervey Bay
- Thursday 11 February Townsville
- Friday 12 February Townsville
- Saturday 13 February Mackay
- Monday 15 February Gladstone
- Wednesday 17 February Bundaberg
- Thursday 18 February Gympie